Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mango Puddings



Mango pudding is mostly served as a dessert during Yum Cha. It's a good recipe for a hot summer day or especially if you have a few ripe mangoes hanging around. Make sure you melt the gelatine and mix it into the mixture evenly.

Mango Pudding Recipe (makes 6-8)

1 1/2 tbsp powdered gelatine
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup hot water
600g pureed fresh mango
3/4 cup evaporated milk
6 ice cubes
mango slices for garnish
extra evaporated milk, to serve











Add gelatine and sugar to hot water and mix until dissolved. In large bowl, mix mango puree, evaporated milk and ice cubes. Pour gelatine mixture and stir until ice cubes are melted.Pour mixture into jelly mould and chill until set (at least 3 hours. To serve, dip jelly mould briefly in hot water then turn pudding out onto a plate. Serve with slices of mango and top with extra evaporated milk (optional).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great, simple recipe Jo that your 3yr old nephew could follow - the dialogue we had was something like this:
"Why can't we eat the mango?"
"Oohh, gelatine (SNIFF)"
"Is that milk?"
"That's hot water - I'd better not touch it"
"Oohh ice cubes - can I play with them?"
"Let me mix it mummy"
"I'm good at mixing"
"Where did the ice cubes go?"
"Mummy I'm a big boy - I made MANGO PUDDING!"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jo Jo said...

That is great! I am loving the fact that he likes to cook! Wish his uncle would be the same! :)

Bernie said...

Oi, I do like to cook, but if it aint broke don't fix it!!