Thursday, April 29, 2010

My last night in Melbourne before London!


I leave for London tomorrow and it has been a week of frantically sorting a few things out and also catching up with as many people as possible. Hence, apologies for not posting as many recipes as I normally would. 

As you can see above, I am taking a few beloved kitchen items with me, mostly for sentimental reasons, but these are a few things I probably can't do without (which includes my Kitchenaid, but that would really stuff up my weight limit). Top left is a really handy (light and small) kictchen scale that I've had with me since I was a uni student. It has been through many different kitchens and cooking experiences, and it is definitely the best purchase I have ever made from a discount store. I am also bringing the recently bought piping bag with two nozzles for those cold nights where we would stay in and stuff our face with churros.

The silicon brush would come in handy, and my Made In Japan peeler is definitely coming along. There are four base-removable tart tins and four cute mini pastry tins that are also included. And lastly, a little box of cinnamon and star anise. I'm sure I'll find these items in London but it will make my luggage smell sensational. (Loopy, huh? :) Oh well....)

I hope you will continue to be onboard this journey with me as I truly appreciate all your feedback and comments. Adieu, and I'll hear from you all again in London!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

have a good flight n a great stay in London =)
my regards to Bernard

Jo Jo said...

Thanks Ying, much appreciated!

Bernie said...

So looking forward to seeing my wife again!!

Joanne said...

Bon voyage jo!! Have a safe & pleasant trip! I'm sure you'll have the time of your life!! I sure hope to catch up with you & bern on the other side of the world within the next year!

xox

Anonymous said...

Bels: BYEEEEEeeee jo! We're going to MISS you!! Have a wonderful flight, can't wait to hear about all your adventures xx A&B