Friday, February 25, 2011

V Zatisi, Prague


Before we went to Prague, Bern made reservations at a restaurant called Bellevue, which is suppose to be one of the best places to eat in Prague. But at last minute, the restaurant cancelled on us because of a private function. They suggested their sister restaurant, V Zatisi. Since we didn't know where else to go, we gave it a go. And we were so glad we were not disappointed- a complimentary bottle of champagne (which I only had sips) also helped. As usual, when we go all out on a luxe meal, Bern is always keen on the degustation.


The amouse bouche was a scallop ceviche - really yum! (Only when I ate it did I realise that the scallops are probably raw?? OOooppss.. no raw stuff when preggers)


Then it was a really silky pumpkin soup. Delish...


Followed by pan fried foie gras slices on brioche with a pear salad. Up till now, we've only had foie gras in pate, not the real thing cooked like this! It was so indulgent...

Unfortunately for me, I only had a small slice off Bern's portion. Yet again, not allowed liver porducts when pregnant! Too much Vitamin A is toxic for the little bub.


I had to swap mine for tiger prawns, which was really yummy too. One had a squid ink sauce and the other was ginger sauce with a couscous salad in the middle.


Next up was the fried sea bream on a bed of baby potatoes and peas with a lemon sauce. So simply yet so scrumptious! I think this was my favourite dish of the night....


I think Bern's fav (after the foie gras) would have to be this herb-crusted lamb cutlets with a potato fondant and red wine reduction. One of the best I've had too! Such classic French cooking...


And finally (or so we thought), vanilla creme brulee with wine soaked plums and butter biscuits. I always love making the first crack in the caramel with my spoon !


And to end the meal, petit fours of chocolate eclairs, baklava and madelines.

If you are ever in Prague, dinner at V Zatisi is an experience you will never forget. If you are not keen on a French degustation, there is a Bohemian degustation or you can always go a la carte!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!! Wow I had not been to your blog for so long that I had about 15 pages to catch up on!
Great to see you are keeping yourselves and the little one inside nourished!!
:) Stay well, DQ xx