Friday, July 2, 2010

Dinner in Paris


Beef tartare                                                                 Rump steak with chips

We were pretty lucky where our hotel was situated. Many pattiseries, bistros, boulangeries, restaurants and supermarkets just around the corner. So we had dinner at Le Zinc, which has a happy hour from 4-7 pm daily. B had a beef tartare for dinner and I had the steak.
We were pre-warned by the waiter that the beef tartare is actually raw beef, cos we probably look like Japanese tourist to him (but Japs eat raw beed too! Beef tataki is one of my favourite dishes!)
Anyway, I think Doreen was asking what it taste like. Well, beef tartare is actually quite nice. It is fresh beef chopped (not minced) and mix with cornichons, capers and shallot. I think some places also add mustard or top with an egg yolk. Not everyone's cup of tea. I think it is better as an entree, though. 


Hmmm, I wonder what is in this "surprise" package?


Dessert of course! More macaroons for  the greedy little piggies....


The good thing about summer is that it does not get dark till about ten. This is the view of Eiffel from our hotel window.


No comments: