Saturday, April 3, 2010

Linguini with Marinara Sauce


B (aka hubby) leaves in 9 days! That is really soon...

I checked London's weather this morning. Top of 6 degrees and minimum of zero degrees on Sunday. What the....???!!! I thought it was spring over there. Hmm... for those that know me, I can barely tolerate Melbourne's winter. If I stop blogging for awhile over there, it will be due to frostbites! Hopefully, the weather will change by the time I leave...

Fresh pasta is devine! This is fairly a quick and easy recipe (if you don't make your own pasta). Next time, I think I would add some chili flakes for more zing...

Linguini with Marinara Sauce Recipe (serves 2)

Home made pasta for 2 (see related recipe)
300g marinara mix
1 cup passata sauce
2 clove garlic finely chopped
small knob butter
olive oil
salt and pepper
chopped parsley
toasted breadcrumb seasoned with lemon rind, salt and pepper, to serve

Cook pasta in boiling water.
In a seperate pan, heat a little olive oil and butter. Add garlic and fry gently. Add marinara mix and stir. Add passata sauce and bring to simmer. Add pasta to the sauce, mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide into two and place on plates. Serve with chopped parsley and toasted breadcrumbs.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

The cooking is going strong and getting more elaborate by the day I see! Keep it up & I really hope you'll continue to entertain your loyal readers (aka moi esp!!!) with your daily updates!! Bring your kitchenaid if you must I tell you!!

Hey, you're not leaving in 9 days are you? I thought you were only going at the end of April. We need to have a proper farewell do! Are you free on the 24th/25th weekend? I've asked Sue as well xox

Jo Jo said...

Hey Joanne, I wish I could bring my Kitchenaid, but that would be half the allocated weight! Sadly, I might have to leave it behind...

The 24th sounds great. Perhaps dinner? I'm leaving on the 30th! I'm so going to miss you all..

Joanne said...

We'll miss you too!! Not to mention your dinner parties :( Great - dinner on the 24th it is then. When does bern leave?

Jo Jo said...

B's leaving this coming Monday. I've locked the 24th...