Sunday, March 7, 2010

White Chocolate and Blueberry Muffins

This summer has produced alot of berries. It is coming to the end of the season now so the quality is not as good as the midseason ones. They are still good for baking or made into a berry compote (see related recipe) which is a great topping for ice-cream or french toast.

I'm in the mood for baking when I'm stressed so I thought I might as well channel some of that energy into something productive. Besides, I'm having a bunch of kids over to help me bake some pineapple cookies tomorrow and I'm sure they would love an afternoon snack! I'm looking forward to my first cooking class! :)

Ingredients:
Makes 12 muffins


2 cups self raising flour flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
125g white choc bits
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g butter, melted
150g punnet blackberries


Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 x 1/2-cup capacity muffin pan with muffin liners. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add sugar and choc bits. Stir until well combined.
Whisk eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and butter together in a separate bowl.
Using a large metal spoon, stir butter mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Gently swirl through berries.
Spoon mixture into muffin liners. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack. Serve.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

The muffins look absolutely amazing jo! They certainly don't look like the product of stress.... and what would stress you out these days???

You're giving cooking classes tomorrow to kids? You're such a domestic goddess! Can't wait to read/see/hear about it and see the delightful end products xox

Jo Jo said...

Hi Jo, B stresses me out sometimes and I stress myself out being OCD! Heheh...
Should catch up soon ya.

Jo Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.