Sunday, April 4, 2010

Windsor Hotel


I love weddings. I attended a wedding last night and it was held at the majestic Windsor Hotel which is on Spring St in Melbourne. It is one of Melbourne's oldest landmarks. I feel quite fortunate and priviledged to be invited by my colleague, and also have this opportunity to view this hotel prior to its upcoming refurbishment. I hope the old grandeur would be maintained.

The bride made the wedding cake, and it was in the form of a tower of cupcakes. This a great idea as your guest can bring it home in individual serves. The bonbonaires were also homemade, which were shortbread cookies.  Can't wait to have them with a cup of tea! But I should will not have them for breakfast!

Normally, I have no hesitations. But today (which is Easter Sunday), I need to make sure I will be able to consume much of the food that the day will bring. I'm meeting a friend for breakfast at 10am followed by lunch at 12 (Greek neighbour's spit roast lamb! Yummo..) and dinner/housewarming at 5pm. See what I mean...

I hope you all have a lovely day and have a Blessed Easter!

No comments: