Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Red Spice Road

Red Spice Road is a great casual but young and hip place to have after-work drinks or a sit down dinner. I even took my parents there when they came for a visit. There are two dishes here to die for.... The crispiest and most succulent pork belly with a chili caramel sauce and the lemongrass and cumin lamb ribs. Both of these dishes are on the current tasting menu (see below). To top it off, the prices are reasonable and the servings are generous. I recommend the tasting menu (see below)....

Tasting Menu

Betel Leaf with Salmon, Lemongrass, Chilli and Kaffir Lime

Oyster with Cucumber, Shallot and Green Chilli
Lamb Ribs with Cumin, Coriander and Chilli
Rockling, Watermelon, Coriander, Cucumber Salad with Tamarind
Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel, Black Vinegar, Cabbage, Mint
Beef Cheeks with Peanuts, Vietnamese Mint and Mushrooms
Wild Barramundi, Sugar Peas, Baby Corn, Spicy Coconut, Lemongrass







Steamed Jasmine Rice

Passionfruit Cream with Peanut Praline and Coconut Ice Cream  (Again, I forgot to take a photo of the dessert!)

Hmmm, I just realised that our dessert DID NOT come with a peanut praline. Did the chef forget???!!

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Chairman Kaga: If my memory serves me correctly, the peanut praline was served in crumbled form over the passionfruit cream.