Saturday, April 10, 2010

Teppanyaki at Ko Ko


I've been really lucky (and been a piggy!). Ko Ko twice in about a month, and this time for teppanyaki. What can I say, I'm still loving it. If you haven't been to Ko Ko, you just have to go. It was again packed for a Friday night, and to top it off, we sat next to Gary Ablett Jr (AFL Bronlow Medalist, plays for the Cats). I have to admit I did not know who he was, I just thought he had a familiar face. He is better looking in person, I have to say. Friendly too.



The Japanese Teppanyaki is basically a chef cooking fresh ingredients on a hot plate in front of the guests. It focuses partly on showmanship and part food. At Ko Ko, there are different set menus you can order from. The set we had consisted of a sashimi starter, followed by  a beautifully set chawan mushi (seafood egg custard).













The teppanyaki of tiger prawns, sea perch, calamari and mushrooms followed, served with 3 different dipping sauces. The main consist of beautifully cooked beef tenderloin served with fried rice and stir fried vegies. The dessert consist of a bowl of the best green tea ice-cream I have ever had.

What a dinner, thanks to Bels and Athony. We are going to miss you guys, make sure you come visit!

No comments: