Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wild Mushroom Fettucine


Those that have a Mac (especially you GQ), could you please let me know if my posts are a little wonky? I started a new job as a nanny and I logged onto my blog using the Mac at my employers and noted that all the photos were really out of place. So I adjusted the template only to come home and find the blog looking wonky on my normal HP computer. I hope that I've fixed the problem and no more side by side photos in the future.

Anyway, we were so inspired by our Italian trip that we decided to try and recreate some of the magic at home. So off to the Borough market we went, and bought avariety of wild mushrooms.

The result was not too bad, but no way close to what we had.

Also, wild mushrooms are pretty robust, so make sure you cook it for a little longer than your usual mushrooms that seem to wilt the instant they hit the pan.



Wild Mushroom Fettucine recipe

200g fresh fettucine
150g assorted mushroom, cleaned and sliced
2 clove garlic minced
4-5 slices dried porcini mushroom, soaked in a little hot water (reserve liquid)
knob of butter
olive oil
1/2 cup white wine
handful chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta to instructions. If it is freshly made, it only takes 3 minutes. Drain the pasta in a colander.
In a hot pan, add a few tablespoon olive oil and butter. Add the garlic and the mushrooms. Cook mushroom to wilt. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and reserved liquid. Add the herbs and toss in the pasta. Season generously with salt and pepper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dq: jojo ur food looks even more delicious on my new iPHoNE4!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

(DQ: sorry about that, i just got a bit excited as was using it for the very first time!)

Jo Jo said...

Iphone 4! Cool...
Unfortunately, it has been a really crazy two weeks. Lots to blog about but I have had no time... Hope you are well DQ