Friday, March 26, 2010

Barrio




When do friends become family? There are two people that my hubby and I are 'catching up' with so regularly that we might as well move in together. I think I have mentioned this bromance relationship that my husband is having. It is with someone he met years ago at work, bonded so well, despite him living abroad for two years. And just in case you were wondering (as I would if I was reading this), this is a very platonic heterosexual relationship. I am very secure in my position as the wife :)

But I do want to play the devil's advocate and suggest that is this the honeymoon stage of the relationship? Could you really define this as a relationship considering the short time frame? What about the fact that you have not had an argument? Besides, it has been a long distance realtionship anyway and it will stay that way for another year, since it is our turn to live abroad!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is interesting that you could meet people later in life and have so many things in common or get along so well with that we feel like we've known each other forever. I think feel that my hubby has met another lifetime partner, a brother he never had. I hope this friend doesn't go cheating behind my hubby's back while we are away!

Anyway, back to food! After house hunting with the above-mentioned couple, we went for a quick meal, which would be a local haunt if they end up getting the place (fingers crossed). Barrio is an excellent restaurant, great for after work drinks or for a great tucker! After having the lovely pasta which I think is made in-house, I'm itching to make my own pasta from scratch.

What did we have? A meditteranean platter and calamari to share. I think my main was the yummiest (although  I didn't get a taste of the pork). It was a tagiatelle of quail, pancetta and caramelised shallot. It was sublime. We also ordered seafood spagettini, steak (for my hubby- BORING!) and pork belly.  Definitely come here often if I were to live around the corner! :) But sadly, I don't!

No comments: