Sunday, April 25, 2010

Richmond Hill Cafe and Larder

My last brunch in Melbourne (for the year)! As you know, I love the brekkie scene. RHCL was packed when we arrived. I was wondering if it was like this most days or is it because of the long weekend? I'm betting it is business as usual for these guys.

Best pancakes ever! Two large pancakes which was topped with banana and mixed nuts served with maple syrup and creme fraiche. A very rustic dish that was superbly crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. MMmmm.....

The breakfast with the lot was a good fair, everything cooked really well. The bircher muesli came with a vanilla yoghurt and was topped with toasted almonds. Apparently does not beat the bircher muesli at Churchill Cafe and Larder...

I am really going to miss my lazy brunches! Arrrghhh....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doreen - I tried out your churros recipe last night, and whilst I had a bit of difficulty with the multi-tasking and a fiddly piping bag, we lurrvved it! Because we only finished half the mixture last night, I made the other half this morning. Mmmm churros for breakfast...I think I've unleashed a monster!

Thanks again Jo for sharing your culinary adventures, and safe traveling!!

Jo Jo said...

Churros are yummy for breakfast! I also bought a proper piping bag now... so hopefully no more breakage or leakage!

Anonymous said...

Bel: really? where did u get the piping bag from? maybe i should invest in a proper one too..